High School Summer Program
- 2016 Summer School
Registration Form - Coming Soon
The primary goal of the Summer High School Program is to offer Albemarle County Public Schools students the chance to retake a course where they would like to improve their knowledge, skills, and understandings that were not developed during the regular school year. Additionally, there is the opportunity to earn new credit through our Virtual Learning program in Health, PE, and Economics and Personal Finance.
Registration Opens: May 1st
Classroom Session: June 13 - July 29 (Summer Break: July 4-8 - No School)
PE Session 1: June 13 - July 1 (8:00am - 1:30pm)
PE Session 2: July 11 - July 29 (8:00am - 1:30pm)
Virtual Courses: June 13 - July 29
Virtual PE Mandatory Sessions:
Parent Info Session / Pre-testing: TBD
Classroom Session: Albemarle High School
Session I PE: TBD
Session II PE: TBD
Registration Process (Begins May 1)
- Download and complete the registration form. Requires School Counselor and Parent Signatures.
- Option 1: Bring registration form and payment between 8:30-4:00 to the Albemarle County Office Building - 3rd Floor
- Option 2: Mail in registration form and payment to address on registration form. We will confirm registration by phone/email once received.
- Students can retake one course at a time and up to two total during the Classroom Session time frame. The time it takes to retake one course can vary per individual student.
- Two SOL testing windows will be available - 6/29-7/1 & 7/27-7/29
- Classroom Driver Education is available through the ACPS Driver Education program. The combined classroom Health II w/Driver Education is only available during the school year.
- Final course offerings are determined by a minimum enrollment of 15 students.
- According to staffing and classroom space, classes may be limited to 25 students.
- Before they can be processed, registration forms must be signed by a school guidance counselor and a parent or guardian.
- It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to provide a current copy of the child's IEP or 504 plan (if applicable) at the time of registration in order to ensure Special Education services as in the regular school year. It is imperative that the Accommodations sheet for SOL testing is attached to the registration form.
- Albemarle County Public Schools does not provide transportation for the High School Summer Program.
Health, PE, and Economics and Personal Finance are available as virtual courses through the Summer School Program.
- Virtual courses run on the dates posted above.
- Virtual Courses do not offer face-to-face instruction and must be completed remotely.
- Students must provide their own Internet Access and Device necessary to complete the course.
- We do not recommend that students who are traveling or have other time consuming obligations take a virtual course over the summer. All Virtual courses are available during the school year.
- Students will register using the information on the ACPS Summer School Program site.
Michael Craddock, Office of Instruction
401 McIntire Road, 3rd Floor
Charlottesville, VA 22902