Additional Links for Employees
- School Calendar
- View the interactive division calendar or the printable school year calendar.
- Behavior Management Handbook
- This handbook contains important information for school leadership about disciplinary action levels, referrals, reporting requirements, process for suspensions, and SOPs for disciplinary action. Log-in required.
- Framework for Quality Learning (FQL)
- View an interactive guide to our System Model for High-Quality Teaching and Learning. Click here for a video introduction to the FQL.
- Lifelong-Learner Competencies
- To develop the skills and habits associated with lifelong learning, students must: learn beyond the simple recall of facts, understand the connections to and implications of what they learn, retain what they learn, and be able to apply what they learn in new contexts.
- Quality Toolbox
- Looking for templates for PDSA, process maps, or other continuous improvement tools? Check out our Quality Toolbox.
- Strategic Planning
- Access the Division's Balanced Scorecard, learn more about the school and department improvement planning process, view our strategic goals, and get acquainted with Albemarle County Public Schools' vision, mission, and core values.
- Performance Appraisal
- The Albemarle County Public Schools Performance Appraisal provides a systematic structure to build and ensure a culture of professional learners committed to meeting the educational needs of all students.
- Budget Development
- Learn about school year budget developments and the strategic process behind the school board's adopted budget.
- Educational Technology
- Interested in finding out more about Google Apps for Education? Would you like to access a social bookmarking site updated by ACPS educators? Visit the Instructional Technology website and use it as a resource and support mechanism for integrating technology in your classroom.
- Educational Technology Plan, 2012-2015
- The Educational Technology Plan for Albemarle County Public Schools is built on the premise that technology is not an add-on; rather, it is a critical tool for master craftspeople working with our young people and with each other to transform education and to establish a community of learners and learning, through rigor, relevance, and relationships, one student at a time.
- Employee Quick Links
- Quickly access the most frequently requested information on the Human Resources website, including benefits, forms, holiday schedules, job descriptions, pay scales, teacher licensure, and more! Log-in required.
- Albemarle County Local Government
- Official Web site of Albemarle County, Virginia, home to over 95,200 residents
- eSchool News
- Technology news for today's K-20 educator
- eSchool News: Grants & Funding
- Learn about deadline and ongoing grant opportunities, educate yourself about grant-writing, or view education grant awards.
- Smart Beginnings
- In 2007, the Charlottesville/Albemarle Partnership for Children, United Way-Thomas Jefferson Area, University of Virginia’s Curry School of Education, and over 20 local community and business leaders received a $400,000 grant from the Virginia Early Childhood Foundation to develop a local public/private school readiness initiative called Smart Beginnings.
- Virginia Department of Education (VDOE)
- The mission of Virginia's public education system is to educate students in the fundamental knowledge and academic subjects that they need to become capable, responsible, and self-reliant citizens. Therefore, the mission of the Virginia Board of Education and the superintendent of public instruction, in cooperation with local school boards, is to increase student learning and academic achievement.
- K-12 Strategic Talent Management: Albemarle County Public Schools and Government
You may need the free Acrobat Reader to access information presented in PDF format.