One Student-Centered Goal
All Albemarle County Public Schools students will graduate having actively mastered the lifelong-learning skills they need to succeed as 21st century learners, workers and citizens.
- Engage Every Student
- Implement Balanced Assessments
- Improve Opportunity & Achievement
- Create & Expand Partnerships
- Optimize Resources
Bi-annually the Board establishes the Priorities that the Division will emphasize in order to move progress toward achieving the one student-centered goal. These Priorities are outlined and tracked in the Division Strategic Improvement Plan (SIP).
The Division’s Strategic Priorities provide the target toward which our collective effort and resources should be aimed in order to realize our goal. Strategic priorities are analyzed and revised every biennium in order to make any necessary adjustments to the work that is being done in the division to meet our objectives and our goal. The adopted strategic priorities for 2015-2107 are as follows:
- All students will graduate prepared for citizenship, post-secondary education, and workforce entry levels as evidenced by multiple indicators of lifelong learning competencies.
- Increase the number of students accruing college credits and career pathway credentials prior to graduation.
- Increase the efficacy of our instructional staff by developing the pedagogical expertise essential to contemporary learning.
- Achieve a fully-funded capital and operational budget that meets the school system’s needs for learning space modernization, instructional innovation, digitized learning, and competitive recruitment and retention of personnel. Optimize the use of all allocated fiscal resources to meet the goals of the division.