High School Summer Program
- Coming Soon...
- 2015 Summer School Program Brochure
- 2015 Summer School Registration Form
Students may attend the high school summer program to either replace a grade earned during the regular school session, or to earn required credits so as to make space for elective classes in their regular school schedule. Before participating in the summer program, students must consult with their guidance counselor.
Summer 2015 Dates
Session 1: June 15 - July 2 (8:00am - 1:30pm)
Session 2: July 7 - July 24 (8:00am - 1:30pm)
- All classes are taught at the Standard Level using the Apex Learning digital curriculum. (P.E. is a traditional class and does not use Apex.)
- Apex is primarily a reading-based curriculum requiring self-discipline and motivation. Apex also allows for more individualized instruction.
- Each 15-day session is equivalent to one semester of school (½ credit earned).
- Final course offerings are determined by a minimum enrollment of 15 students.
- According to staffing and classroom space, classes may be limited to 25 students.
- P.E. will be limited to 100 students per session.
- Before they can be processed, registration forms must be signed by a school guidance counselor and a parent/guardian.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to provide a current copy of the child's IEP or 504 plan (if applicable) at the time of registration in order to ensure Special Education services as in the regular school year. It is imperative that the Accommodations sheet for SOL testing is attached to the registration form.
- Albemarle County Public Schools does not provide transportation for the High School Summer Program.
TBA, Summer School Principal
Ms. Jan Mawyer, Summer School Registrar
401 McIntire Road, 3rd Floor
Charlottesville, VA 22902