High School Summer Program
The primary goal of the Summer High School Program is to offer Albemarle County Public Schools students the chance to retake a course where a failing grade was earned during the regular school year. Additionally, there is the opportunity to earn new credit in Health and PE.
Summer 2015 Dates
Session 1: June 15 - July 2 (8:00am - 1:30pm)
Session 2: July 7 - July 24 (8:00am - 1:30pm)
- One (1) credit can be earned per session when a student is repeating a course in which they earned as "F".
- One Half (1/2) credit can be earned per session when enrolled in the traditional (face-to-face) Health or Physical Education course.
- One Half (1/2) credit can be earned over both sessions (six weeks) in Virtual Health or Virtual Physical Education.
- Final course offerings are determined by a minimum enrollment of 15 students.
- According to staffing and classroom space, classes may be limited to 25 students.
- Physical Education classes will be limited to 100 students per session.
- Virtual Physical Education will be limited to 15 students for Summer 2015.
- Before they can be processed, registration forms must be signed by a school guidance counselor and a parent or guardian.
- It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to provide a current copy of the child's IEP or 504 plan (if applicable) at the time of registration in order to ensure Special Education services as in the regular school year. It is imperative that the Accommodations sheet for SOL testing is attached to the registration form.
- Albemarle County Public Schools does not provide transportation for the High School Summer Program.
Ms. Jan Mawyer, Summer School Registrar
401 McIntire Road, 3rd Floor
Charlottesville, VA 22902